Monday, March 3, 2008

You Crack Me Up!

When I saw Lauren's Saturday sketch this week, I had to laugh. That's because I have two or three cards that I had already made that I have yet to post on my blog that all use the very same sketch she shared. This one uses the sketch, too, but isn't one of the ones that I had already made--I'll post those another time. I had to try the little chick from the new Kitchen Sink Stamps Hey Chick! set along with the "you crack me up" sentiment.

For this version I stamped the chick and the larger cracked eggshell on a piece of white cardstock. I used a pair of classic oval Nestabilities dies to cut the stamped image out. I recently added the petite oval Nestabilities set to my collection and after trying them out, I was regretting that I'd purchased the classic ovals. Well, I'm not regretting it so much anymore. I think they'll both be useful, just for different things. The classic ones are rounder and more egg shaped (how appropriate here!) while the petite ovals are more elongated.

I stamped the "you crack me up" sentiment directly on the patterned paper. I found a piece of paper with soft colors to use here since I knew that I planned to stamp right on the paper. This paper is from a Memory Box package. Their patterned papers are so nice to work with. I finished the card off with a matching piece of satin ribbon and some paper piercing to match the pattern in the paper.
Materials Used:
Hey Chick! stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Barely Banana, Summer Sun, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, and Brocade Blue Classic inks, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, Stampin' Pastels, mat pack and paper piercing tool, slit punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); blue satin ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); patterned paper (Homespun Collection from Memory Box)

5 comments:

  1. Very cute card Lori! Love your blue egg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks just like a water color painting! Love that stamp-so pretty! KS has alot of great images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Lori! Those images are adorable! Such a great layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute stamp...
    Pretty paper..love the Blue..
    Adorable Card!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips