Saturday, March 1, 2008

Just One

Since this card was for the SCS limited supply challenge and one of the limits was using just one single flower stamp, this card didn't take me too long to put together. I think it also helped that something along the lines of this idea was already kind of floating around in my mind after seeing the tutorial for the chalkboard technique that was posted on SCS earlier this week.

I stamped one of the large silhouette flower images from Starving Artistamps in white craft ink on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. I used shimmery chalks and a chalk applicator with a tiny pom pom tip to apply chalks to the image. I dusted off the excess with a used fabric softener (good thing my craft room is right next to the washer and dryer. . .). The photo doesn't show the shimmer real well, but IRL, it's so pretty!. I matted the image on cardstock colors to coordinate with the chalk colors.

Since the challenge restricted the use of other stamps (beside a sentiment), I looked for other ways to add texture to the card. I distressed the edges of one of the mats under the stamped and chalked image. I also used the faux suede technique on the Really Rust panel across the cardfront. Using some coordinating cardstock scraps to set off this panel helped, too.

There was no limit on embellishments, so I piled on the copper brads. I also used a piece of satin ribbon with organdy edges across the front of the card. After all of that, I decided there was no need for a sentiment, even though the challenge allowed for it.
Starving Artistamps has just started a new blog to make it easy for you to find and view all of the great design team samples . You can find it here: Starving Artistamps Gallery. The blog gallery is filling up fast! And, for info about a great discount offer from SA, check out this post.
Materials Used:
large silhouette flower image (FS-5, Starving Artistamps); shimmery chalks (Pebbles, Inc.); White craft ink, Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and Garden Green cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, distressing tool, photo corner punch, 1/16" handheld punch, dimensionals, scallop edged scissors (Stampin' Up!); brown satin ribbon (AC Moore); copper brads (Making Memories)

6 comments:

  1. Lori, this is a great card. Has nice balance and your color choices are super...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is gorgeous. Nothing limited about it!!!

    Now I'm going to have to try the chalkboard technique!

    TFS.

    PS - the suede touch is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lori! I've been wanting to try this technique this week too. I really like it on the choc cardstock! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty Lori!
    Nice stamped image..
    I love that technique.
    Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing what you did I have to try this technique now

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips