Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blue Thank You

In the mess of my stamping area, I almost stepped on the CD case containing the Women of Life Papertrey Ink stamp set. Since it was on my mind (and under my foot), I decided I'd use the set for Beate's weekend sketch challenge.

The color inspiration for this card came from the new SU! Summer Picnic paper pack. This fun paper is from the Occasions Mini catalog that customers can now purchase from. I stamped the flower image in Bashful Blue and the stem image in Certainly Celery. Since all the flowers are one stamp and all the stems are together on another stamp, it's so easy to line them up correctly. I filled in the flower centers with red dots and with red self-adhesive rhinestones.

Since my stamped image is larger than the one in the sketch, the proportions of the rest of the pieces of my card are on a little larger scale than in the original design, but I think I got them to work okay. I matted the patterned paper piece from the Summer Picnic pack on Certainly Celery paper. I used another piece of patterned paper, this one from the Prints Pack that's available as a hostess item in the SU! catalog. The dotted Bashful Blue seemed to work well with the dots on the background of the other patterned paper.

I added a piece of wide red grosgrain ribbon around the dotted Bashful Blue panel and stamped the sentiment, also from the Women of Life set, in red. I really like how the red pops out against the soft blue background.

Materials Used:
Women of Life stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Real Red Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic and Bashful Blue Prints Series patterned paper, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); red self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

6 comments:

  1. This is a cute card!! I love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card, Lori! And you are right! That red does pop out!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lori! I really love the pattern papers that you used and the colors are fabulous! I love the flowers! Very pretty!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one Lori! I'm loving that DP too! Those stamps are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color combo and how it looks with that patterned paper! I just might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am wanting this set more & more. AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips