Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Sports and Stamping

After the Badger basketball victory late this afternoon put them in to next week's Sweet Sixteen , I turned my attention to college hockey and more card making. Believe it or not, I prefer hockey to basketball, which is unusual for someone born and bred in this part of the east coast-- definitely not hockey country! While I followed a bunch of games to learn the fate of the Badger hockey team (and my possible trip to Wisconsin to see them play next weekend . . .), I worked on a few sketches that Jen shared on her blog over the past two weekends.

This card uses the sketch Jen posted last Saturday. I really like the patterned paper from the Nana's Nursery series and that inspired the space theme of this card, along with the star-shaped satin trim I found in the dollar section at Joann.

I stamped the rocket image from Pun Fun twice, once on Blue Bayou cardstock and once on a scrap of white. I used Copic markers to color the marker on the white cardstock, then cut it out and used a dimensional to attach it to the blue piece. I added some Yellow Stickles to the rocket and the stars. I also attached a clear plastic dome embellishment over the window in the rocket.

The star trim was attached to scraps of Soft Sky cardstock, then attached to the patterned paper. The random looking arrangement of sparkly circles reminded me of a starry sky, even though the background is white and not blue.

Materials Used:
Pun Fun stamp set, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Summer Sun cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV's Nana's Nursery-Baby Boy); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); satin star trim (Joann); markers (Copic Ciao); 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); clear plastic dome embellishment (Michaels)

The second card uses the sketch Jen posted today. I used my much neglected Polka-Dots & Paisleys set. When I got this set, at first, I couldn't figure out how to use it. Once I had some ideas for using it, I used it quite a bit, but it's been a while since I used it.

The color combination for this card came from the striped American Crafts ribbon I tied across the cardfront. This is a combo I wouldn't have tried without seeing the ribbon--Sahara Sand, Cranberry Crisp, Old Olive, Regal Rose, and White.

I stamped the flower image in Regal Rose and Old Olive, then stamped the outline image over the flower in Cranberry Crisp ink. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for this and for the polka dots block on the bottom section of the card.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock. Adding the flower to the panel was an afterthought when I felt like the circle looked kind of empty. I inked the flower image, then stamped it off once before stamping it over the word.

Materials Used:
Polka Dots & Paisleys stamp set, Sahara Sand, Regal Rose, and Cranberry Crisp Classic inks, Regal Rose and Old Olive markers, Sahara Sand, Regal Rose, Old Olive, Cranberry Crisp, and Whisper White cardstock, Polka Dots & Petals designer paper, 1 1/4" square punch, Regal Rose brads, Stamp-a-ma-jig, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success); rhinestones (Walmart); ribbon (American Crafts); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities)

7 comments:

  1. The satin star trim is a really nice touch on the pun fun card. Check my latest post for my first time hockey experience. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are both absolutely AWESOME!!! Thx for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are fab Lori! I love the rocket card...awesome colours!
    Your Paisley card is wondeful too. I'm with you, I didn't know what to do with that set...lol
    I LOVE hockey too! But then growing up in Canada, it's a given!
    Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both, but especially the rocket card. The star trim is a perfect additon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards...
    Love the rocket and all the stars..
    The paisley in pink...
    is sweet.
    *I haven't used this set in a while either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That star ribbon is just too cute for words. Also, I live in Wisconsin myself. Enjoy yourself if you come next week, have a Plazaburger for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that satin star ribbon....so fun!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips