Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pink or Blue?

I made this pair of fun, spring cards using a variation on Jen's Sketch for You to Try. I couldn't decide between using pink or blue for the cards, so I tried it both ways.

The chick image and sentiment are from the Hey Chick set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I think I've gotten the hang of stacking and combining colors for this 4 step chick image. Here, I used Barely Banana, stamped off once, for the first step, then Barely Banana again, then So Saffron for the third step, then finished with Close to Cocoa.

The chick is framed by one of the borders from the Playful Oval set, also from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The chick fit the space perfectly and the oval fit perfectly inside one of the ovals from my Nestabilities set.

I used a Barely Banana panel as the main panel for both cards. The pink card uses patterned paper from the Spring Fling paper pack. The blue card uses paper from the Summer Picnic pack. On both cards, I used a slightly darker shade of pink and blue for the scalloped oval mat for the chick image. I embellished the cards simply with a wide piece of ribbon that coordinated with the patterned paper.

Off to watch Lost, then the Maryland Terrapins basketball game (I can't wait for the real March Madness to begin next week!)

Materials Used:
Hey Chick and Playful Ovals stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Barely Banana, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa, Ballet Blue, and Regal Rose Classic inks, Barely Banana, Ballet Blue, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, Spring Fling and Summer Picnic designer papers, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); blue satin ribbon (AC Moore)

5 comments:

  1. These are adorable! That chick is so life like! I can hardly believe it's a stamp! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't choose which I like better because they are both so darn cute!

    Many Blessings,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! Love the oval frame around the chick - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...look at all of those cards! Each one is so very cute. All of your focal images are just perfect for the occasion! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both so cute, but I think I like the pink one better, but that is just me =-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips