Saturday, March 8, 2008

Stars for a Shoebox Swap

I am heading to a shoebox swap in Baltimore this morning. I have my blueberry bread baked for breakfast and my supplies all packed up amd ready to go. It's a long drive from here (a little over an hour) and the weather is crummy today, so I need to get going, but before I leave, here's a peek at the card I'm bringing to the swap. Since there are 30 swap participants, I kept the card pretty quick and simple.

I used the In the Stars set from the SU! Occasions mini catalog. I really like the bold images in the set and they're perfect for quick cards. The large star image is stamped in Summer Sun ink, then cut out. I added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the star on the large star . I stamped the smaller dotted star in Brocade Blue and cut that out, too.

For the cardfront, I used a piece of Brocade Blue cardstock. The sentiment is stamped in Brocade Blue ink on a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock. I used the mat pack and paper piercing tool to make a row of tiny holes across the bottom of the panel, picking up the dotted pattern from the small star. I added a narrow strip of red cardstock to the top edge of the light blue panel for just a pop of color.

The large star is attached directly to the cardfront. I used a dimensional to attach the smaller star for a little variation.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else creates for the swap and to catching up with some of my local stamping friends. The problem with going to these events is that I always come home with more stuff on my wish list . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
In the Stars stamp set, Summer Sun and Brocade Blue Classic inks, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, silver brad, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensional

2 comments:

  1. Have a fabulous day Lori! Sounds like a lot of fun. Drive safe!

    Your card is really cute. I like those stars too. They are easy to cut out, which I like because I'm not good at cutting detailed things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card, I think everyone will love it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips