Friday, March 21, 2008

Which One?

It's the first day of my spring break and already I have my days and nights mixed up. That didn't take long! I guess that being out late last night at the basketball games, combined with being woken early today to reschedule a service call on my sliding glass door and taking a nap late this afternoon, will do that. So, here I am, at almost midnight, finishing a trio of cards for today's SCS limited supply challenge. I had some requests for a few generic "thinking of you" cards, so that was the inspiration for these cards.

I used just 4 stamps from the retired Like it a Latte stamp set, along with one piece of 2 sided designer paper from the Berry Bliss package and two colors of cardstock. From these supplies, I created 3 completely different cards. For all of them, I inked the mug stamp in Pretty in Pink ink, then colored the outline with a Chocolate Chip marker to get the two-toned image. I used Basic Gray ink, stamped off once, for the steam. The mug is stamped on white cardstock and embellished with a heart image covered with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

Each card is embellished with a scrap of ribbon from my overflowing ribbon jar. I also used a white Prima flower on each card. I used a tiny glue dot to attach a plastic dome floral embellishment to the center of each flower.

Two of the cards use a fancy fold to set them apart. One is a kickstand card. The other is a "joy fold" card, oriented vertically. This is a pain to take a picture of! I had to use non-permanent adhesive to keep it closed so I could photograph it. The sentiment is found on the inside panel in this one.

For the challenge, you're supposed to ask which one people like the most. I think I like the joy fold card the most. Let me know what you think.

Materials Used:
Like it a Latte stamp set, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Basic Gray Classic inks, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose Craft inks, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock, Berry Bliss designer paper, large oval punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scalloped circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, slit punch, pink taffeta ribbon, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, glue dots, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); flowers (Prima); pink dome floral embellishments, pink grosgrain ribbon, pink satin ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. Lori, you rocked this challenge!!! Love what you did with that set...fantastic!
    I love them all...can't pick one sorry...haha!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips