Friday, March 21, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 39

Since I knew I wouldn't be around last night to do any stamping because of going to the NCAA basketball tournament (we saw two fantastic games, including an almost-upset of tournament favorite Duke by Belmont) I planned ahead (for once!) and created this card for both the weekly blogger challenge and this week's sketch for Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's challenge was to use Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Real Red. I love this color combo! I've used it (or a variation on it) many times before.

Here, I used two different colors and patterns from SU!'s Prints Series designer paper for the large sections on the cardfront. I covered the seam where they meet with some Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon. This ribbon is so pretty! I love all of the SU! taffeta, but this one is so cool-looking. The edges are a dark, Chocolate Chip-like color, but the inside of the ribbon is lighter and more shimmery.

I found a bunch of American Crafts felt flowers in coordinating colors to use as embellishments in the lower right corner of the card. I added small rhinestones to the centers of the small red flowers. For the larger blue one, I dug up a red flower shaped brad for the center and added a rhinestone to that, too.

I stamped the sentiment from Stem Sayings in Blue Bayou ink right on the Soft Sky patterned paper. The Blue Bayou is just dark enough to stand out from the pattern.

If you want to see what the other challenge players have created using this fun color combination, you can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right. You can also stop by Tamara's to check out other versions of this sketch. And, if you decide to give the sketch a try, be sure to post a link on Tamara's blog (and here, too--I want to see what you do with it!). She's just started featuring guest designers on her blog and she'll be choosing people who leave links to their creations with her sketches.

Materials Used:
Stem Sayings stamp set, Blue Bayou Classic ink, Chocolate Chip and Blue Bayou cardstock, Soft Sky and Real Red Prints Series designer paper, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); felt flowers (American Crafts); rhinestones (Walmart); flower brad (ProvoCraft)

18 comments:

  1. I just love these challenged because everyone's cards are so unique and beautiful. I love your layout and the ribbon IS beautiful! Great card. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! And easy! Great workshop card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I love that you combined the patterns...and those felt flowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Lori. I love your flower embellishments! Have a blessed Easter! Hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - love the blinged felt flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I saw it on Tamara's site first, and I just think the color combination is fantastic!

    Have a wonderful Easter.

    P.S. Blog candy alert on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Lori...I love the coordinating flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet!! love the felt flowers!!!!

    Happy Easter!!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, I love the use of the different patterned papers and covering it with the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! Love the designer paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a CUTE card! I love the swirly greeting and the red polka dots make it just adorable! Great job this week!!!! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, Lori. I love the layout and the polka dots...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Lori! I love how you incorporated the two colors of designer papers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a great card! Love the combo of pattern paper that you chose and the addition of the taffeta ribbon was the perfect ending!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card and those flowers look fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really had to work my way down to the BC, what beauties along the way! Really great posts, including this one!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips