Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baroque with a Belly Band

I was definitely a late arrival to the Baroque Motifs bandwagon and I'm still catching up to everyone else! I made this quick card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It's based on this card by Jodi/Kharmagirl.

I started with Purely Pomegrantate for my card base--different than Jodi's navy base, but still a deep, bold, rich color. I stamped the big swirl image in white craft ink and covered it with white embossing powder. I wish I could figure out how to make my white embossing powder look solid when it's heated. Mine always ends up looking kinda spotty. I had just enough room to add a sentiment in the bottom left corner. That's another reason I picked the Purely Pomegranate for the card base. I figured I could stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray ink and it wouldn't be too much for the cardfront.

I loved Jodi's raised medallion piece on the front of the original card. I made a few adjustments to that idea on my version. I replaced the chipboard piece she used with a gray scalloped circle with paper piercing in the scallops. I stamped the circle medallion-looking image on Purely Pomegranate cardstock and again heat embossed the image with white embossing powder. I put a clear rhinestone brad through the center and attached it to the scalloped circle with a dimensional.

Instead of attaching this piece directly to the cardfront, I decided to make a belly band and attach it to that. I ran a long piece of Basic Gray cardstock through my crimper (haven't used that in a while!) and fit and folded that around the cardfront. I attached a narrow strip of Purely Pomegranate cardstock around the band as an accent, then added the medallion piece.

Materials Used:
Baroque Motifs stamp set, Basic Gray Classic ink, White Craft ink, Purely Pomegranate and Basic Gray cardstock, white embossing powder, crimper, scalloped circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); clear rhinestone brad (Target)

5 comments:

  1. really pretty. Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautiful Lori! Thanks so much for sharing with us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Lori! Great CASE!
    Not sure why you wouldn't get good coverage...is your craft ink a little dry? Mine is really goopy. Sorry I'm no help...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out really pretty - love the crimped belly band and the white embossing on the purely pomegranate is so fabulous together too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can't go wrong with baroque. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips