Monday, April 14, 2008

Chocolate Cupcake

I've been working with a small team of people on a large project for the last year and a half (and it's still nowhere near done--that's a whole other story in itself . . .) and I almost forgot that I'd said I'd bring a birthday card to work today for one of the team members. Fortunately, I remembered in time to create this sparkly tent topper card.

I used a scrap of paper from the retired Loves Me paper pack for the cardfront. I stamped the cupcake base in Taken with Teal ink. To make a "chocolate" cupcake, I stamped the cupcake top in Close to Cocoa craft ink, then heat embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I used circle Nestabilities to create mats for the image.

For the sentiment, I used one of the rub-on phrases from the Sale-a-Bration Love & Happiness set. I'm still getting the hang of using these! I really like how the white text looks against the patterned paper. Adding the layered flower was a last-minute decision--I really like the added "girly" detail.

After work tonight, I'm doing a presentation with a colleague on what parents should expect during their child's kindergarten year. That means no stamping time for me today. Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow night with something new to share.

Materials Used:
Big Bold Birthday stamp set, Taken with Teal Classic ink, Close to Cocoa Craft ink, Taken with Teal, Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock, Loves Me designer paper, Love & Happiness rub-ons, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); blue satin ribbon, paper flowers, rhinestone brad (Target); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

3 comments:

  1. How adorable, Lori! You must have bought a lot of that Loves Me DS paper way back when. I love the cards you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cupcake and I absolutely love the tent topper cards! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! I love me some cupcakes! I love the colors, the paper flowers, and everything!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips