Sunday, April 6, 2008

Floral Featured Stamper Cards

I finished two cards for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS and both have soft, floral theme. You can find Kristi's gallery here.

This is the first card I made for the challenge. It's inspired by this card. I replaced the delicate flowers from Simply Said with the bolder flower images from Papertrey Ink's Women of Life stamp set. I added small self-adhesive flat backed pearls to the center of each flower. I am really liking these little embellishments. I think I'll use a lot of them, so I went back to the Target Dollar Spot today and stocked up on a few more packs while I still can find them.

I also changed the size and shape of the card from square to a standard size--those just work better for me for some reason. I used (mostly) inks and papers from Papertrey Ink here, too. I found a piece of patterned paper in a DCWV mat stack that had close matches to PTI's Aqua Mist and Sweet Blush for the cardfront and that kept a similar feel to the dotted paper used in the original card.

Materials Used:
Women of Life stamp set, Aqua Mist and Sweet Blush inks, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, and White cardstock, Sweet Blush stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery Classic ink, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (DCWV Spring Mat Stack); pink brads (Making Memories); self-adhesive flat back pearls (Target dollar spot)

The second card was inspired by this one. I replaced the stamped, layered flower in the original card with a layered "silk" flower. I got a huge (100's!) bag of these flowers at a teacher supply store and I need to start using them, so this layout was a perfect way to do that. The colors in the flowers were a good match for the floral paper in the Spring Fling paper pack, so I used a piece of that here, keeping with the floral images found in the original card. They're joined with a large rhinestone brad at the center.

I stamped one of the sentiments from SU!'s Full of Life in Regal Rose ink and highlighted some of the words with Pretty in Pink chalks. I meant to use my ticket corner punch at the edges of the panel, but I accidentally grabbed my corner rounder and used it before I realized my mistake--oops! Too late to fix it, so I decided to round the bottom corners of my card, too.

Before I attached the flowers, I stamped the swirly image from Friendship Blooms to look like it was coming out from the flower. I had wanted to use rub-ons, but I couldn't align them right, so I went with the stamped image instead.

I attached a line of yellow acrylic dome floral embellishments along the bottom. I found these on clearance at Michaels earlier in the week, so I bought a few more packs in different colors.

Materials Used:
Full of Life stamp set, Regal Rose and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Barely Banana, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White cardstock, Spring Fling patterned paper, corner rounder, Stampin' Pastels, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); acrylic dome floral embellishments (Michaels); rhinestone brad, pink satin ribbon (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips