Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mojo Duo

Since I had a bunch of ideas for this sketch, I ended up making two cards using this week's Mojo Monday sketch on Julee's blog.

This one uses stamps from Verve Visual. I wanted to use a blue and orange color combination for the card, so I started with the simple orange-y dotted paper for the cardfront and worked from there. I used shimmery white cardstock for the star. I love that the star fits perfectly inside SU!'s large star punch--this makes it so easy to use this image.

I found some sparkly paper in a DCWV mat pack that was perfect with the blue and orange color scheme I planned to use. The paper had just a bit of yellow to tie in the color of the star and the glittery stripes add a fun texture and look to the card.
The sentiment is stamped on a tiny scrap of shimmery white cardstock. I added a tiny star brad to embellish it.

Materials Used:
Polka Stars stamp set (Verve Visual); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Brocade Blue and Summer Sun Classic inks, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, and Shimmery White cardstock, large star punch , dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); patterned papers (DCWV)

The second card uses Stampin' Up! images. This was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this sketch. I thought that the large flower from Time Well Spent would look great layered on the scalloped circle in this layout.

I took the color combination from the bright floral patterned paper that covers the cardfront. I found a small scrap of dotted paper from the Loves Me paper pack to complement to the floral paper for the front panel.

I stamped the flower several times and used Copic markers to color different sections on each stamped image. I carefully cut out the different sections and layered them using dimensionals. I added some Pink Stickles to the image and a teeny, tiny Twinkle sticker to the flower center.

Materials Used:
Time Well Spent stamp set, Pink Passion, Pretty in Pink, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock, Loves Me designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); pink Twinkle stickers (Amuse); Pink Stickles (Ranger); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (DCWV's Pocket Full of Posies Mat Stack); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin)

4 comments:

  1. These are just adorable! I love the bright colors of both cards. So fun! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your color combinations! These are fantastic cards! So appealing to the eye! I love the big star! GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are fantastic! I love the colours Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I love them both. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips