Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} # 38

Here's a card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}. This is such a great layout for showcasing coordinating patterned papers, so that's what I did here.

For the main image, I stamped the cherry image from SU!'s Tart & Tangy stamp set. I used markers to color the image. After letting the ink dry, I covered the cherries with some Crystal Effects. They look so pretty and glossy IRL. For the sentiment, I used one of the tiny words from Everyday Flexible Phrases, set on a slant to fit inside the circle panel.

I layered the cherry image on a slightly larger Old Olive circle, then used a dimensional to attach this to a scalloped circle. I added a fun ribbon tab to the left side of the image using striped grosgrain ribbon and a red brad.
I paired the image with the coordinating patterned papers from the Summer Picnic paper pack. This paper is so fun and bright and works so well with the images in Tart & Tangy--and with lots of other images, too. I have a feeling I'll be ordering some extra packs of this paper before the end of the Occasions mini catalog.

Be sure to stop by Tamara's blog to see what the other card design team members have created with this sketch. I have some more ideas for it, so I hope to have another example to share later on today.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Tart & Tangy and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets, Bashful Blue Classic ink, Old Olive and Real Red markers, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scalloped circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Bashful Blue striped grosgrain, Crystal Effects, red brad, dimensional

2 comments:

  1. Looove the cherries on this one! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun summery card, Lori! I love the red brad going through the ribbon tab!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips