Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I'm a Follower . . .

It seems like stars are one of the "hot" trends right now in papercrafting, so here I am again, following along with the trend. I used two different star themed stamp sets to create this entry for Verve Visual's guest designer contest. I usually have a hard time working with long cards, but I really like how this one turned out. This one measures 3 1/2" by 7", so it will still fit in a standard business sized envelope.

Stars seem to work well for a masculine card, so that was my starting point for this card. The patterned background paper really helped me to keep that target in mind. The paper's from a pack of KI Memories pet themed paper--I'm not quite sure what makes this paper fit the pet theme, but that's what the package said . . .

I stamped the large dotted star in gold pigment ink on a scrap of shimmery white cardstock. I punched it out with a large star punch and attached it to the blue panel stamped with the swirl image in navy ink. I layered the panel on mats that coordinated with the patterned paper. I used photo corner punch-outs embellished with yellow Dew Drops at the corners.

The sentiment is also from one of Verve Visual's star sets. I attached it to the card with some gold star brads to match the big stamped star image. I found a larger size brad to embellish the bottom of the sentiment panel and finish off the card. I rarely use gold embellishments, so I'm glad I was able to dig through my collection and unearth some gold stars . . .

Materials Used:
Seeing Stars and Polka Stars stamp sets (Verve Visual); Night of Navy Classic ink, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, and Shimmery White cardstock, Crystal Effects, large star punch, photo corner punch, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); Gold Galaxy pigment ink (Brilliance); patterned paper (KI Memories); star brads (Making Memories); Flame Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving the stars lately too. This turned out great, love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lori! I'm loving stars too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch, good luck with the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like stars, bids and owls are all the rage - love this card with the stars - good luck with the Verve contest - you have amazing talent!! Fabulous card you've created - love all the extra details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stars too! But I really need (yes need) that star punch! Need to call my dealer......lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the star card! I have the stars too, just haven't had time to use them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love the dew drop and star brad embellishments. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips