Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tall To Infinity and Beyond

I came home today to find new stamps from Stamping Bella and Verve Visual waiting for me. Between my work day and the presentation I had to make this evening, I tried some of them out for today's SCS sketch challenge. The card is another long one, but unlike yesterday's card, is oriented vertically.

I got the cute Super Tyler image from Stamping Bella because lots of my friends have little boys. I know I'll have lots of uses for this cute image. I colored him with Copic markers and sponged a little blue ink around the image. I used a regular oval Nestabilites die to cut out the image and to create a simple mat for it.

The cardfront is made from a piece of Brocade Blue cardstock. It's covered with a piece of plaid star-accented paper from Prima's Baby Boutique Collection and a dotted piece from DCWV. I added one of the sentiments from Verve Visual's new Great Expectations set. I thought "To infinity . . . and beyond!" was a nice match for Super Tyler.

I had a hard time getting the card to look like I wanted it to. I kept adding stuff and taking it off, adding stuff and rearranging it, looking for more stuff and adding that. I stamped a line of stars along the folded portion of the cardfront and highlighted them with a little bit of glitter from a Stardust pen. That still wasn't enough. I added some ribbon to cover the seam where the two patterned papers meet (that was really bugging me!). Finally I found these felt stars from American Crafts. They were a perfect accent for a super hero card. I added a few yellow acrylic dome embellishments as accents, then decided enough was enough. I put the card aside to go out to do my presentation and when I came home, I ended up adding the ric rac. Now, I think I'm done!

I'll be back tomorrow with a card for Tamara's weekly sketch challenge (in the morning) and with some exciting stamping news (later in the day) . . .

Materials Used:
Super Tyler image (Stamping Bella); Great Expectations and Seeing Stars stamp sets (Verve Visual); Brocade Blue Classic ink, Brocade Blue and Bashful Blue cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, corner rounder, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Prima's Baby Boutique Collection, DCWV's Nana's Nursery paper pack); felt stars (American Crafts); white grosgrain ribbon, yellow acrylic dome floral embellishments (Michaels); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); white ric rac (Walmart); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); markers (Copic Ciao); oval dies (Nestabilities)

1 comment:

  1. this card is so cute, love tyour "to infinity and beyond" OK Buzz.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips