Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mojo Chick

The chick images from the Hey Chick set from Kitchen Sink Stamps are so fun to use and so cute, too! I haven't used them for a while, so I pulled the set out for this week's Mojo Monday sketch from Julee's blog. The large circle panel in the center was perfect for the chick and cracked eggshell images.

I stamped the 4 step chick in the center of the circle and surrounded it with the two halves of the 3 step eggshell image. I used a little bit of chalk to give the chick and eggshell some shadow and sponged around the panel with soft yellow ink.
I curved the sentiment to match the shape of the circle and stamped it in Regal Rose ink. This is one of the big things that I love about clear stamps--you can bend them twist them, curve them, whatever, to make them fit where you want them.

The colors for this card came from the patterned paper on the cardfront. It's from a paper stack by Debbie Mumm from Joann. The pack has a bunch of cute patterns, including some glittery ones. And, as an added bonus, this glittery paper doesn't stink like some of the DCWV glitter packs I have (am I the only person that finds this with their DCWV papers???). There are some nice dotted and striped patterns, plus some nice kid friendly ones with cute little bugs, too. This piece came from the Baby Boy stack, but there's an identical piece in the Baby Girl stack, too. How do I know this? Well, both packs made their way into my shopping basket at Joann, so I could check that out for you . . .

Materials Used:
Hey Chick stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Sweet Blush and Lemon Tart Palette inks, Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, So Saffron, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Regal Rose, Whisper White, and Kraft cardstock, Pretty in Pink Prints Series designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Stampin' Pastels (Stampin' Up!); yellow brads (Making Memories); patterned paper (Debbie Mumm Baby Boy Pack); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilties)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card Lori! That little chick is just so cute - I need to pull him out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the patterned paper and the stamps are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips