Sunday, April 27, 2008

Doodled Mother's Day

For today's featured stamper challenge on SCS, I was inspired by this Mother's Day card in Michelle's gallery. I thought I could create a similar version using the Doodle This stamp set.

Doodle This is another one of those stamp sets that I hesitated to buy. The doodled look just isn't my usual style. But, like with a bunch of other stamp sets, I jumped on the Doodle This bandwagon after seeing so many amazing samples using the set. For a while, I used it a lot, but recently, it's sat unused, so it was nice to have a reason to pull it out to play today.

Michelle's card used a rub-on as the main image on the cardfront. I replaced the rub-on with the long swirl image from Doodle This, stamped in Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. I liked the sparkly embellishments Michelle added to the flowers in the rub-on she used, so I added some rhinestones to the ends of my swirly image. I also used the large flower image from Doodle This. I embossed it in black on a scrap of Lovely Lilac cardstock, then trimmed around it. It's attached to the card with a dimensional.

Because I added the big flower image, I went with a simpler, narrower organdy ribbon along the left side of the card. I kept the column of paper piercing along the left side--love that! The sentiment, from one of the retired All Year Cheer sets, is heat embossed, too.

As I was putting this together, I wasn't sure whether or not I liked it. Once it was done, I was actually pleased with how it looked. Since my card selling business is growing and I need some Mother's Day cards for my collection, I may make a few more of this card in some different color combinations.

Materials Used:
Doodle This and All Year Cheer II stamp sets, Versamark, Lovely Lilac and Almost Amethyst cardstock, black embossing powder, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); black brads (Making Memories); small rhinestones (Walmart); self-adhesive rhinestone (Michaels); narrow black organdy ribbon (Joann)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great card, love the doodles and gemstones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Lori! What a beautiful card! I love the clean look of it! Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips