Friday, April 4, 2008

Pink Present

Here's another card made with this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara} . This one uses paper and images from Papertrey Ink. The best thing about this card is that it took all of 10 minutes to complete!

I stamped the gift image (I positioned the stamp the right way this time-LOL!) in Berry Sorbet ink, then added the bow to the top. Then I used a Nestabilities circle die to cut out the image. I added the sentiment in Berry Sorbet ink, placing it on the acrylic block so it curved to match the outline of the circle. This is one of the great things about photopolymer stamps--the ability to "twist" the stamps just a bit to fit exactly what and where you want.

I cut mats for the image using Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush cardstock. Then, I cut coordinating strips of patterned paper from Papertrey Ink's pink patterned paper pack (that's a tongue twister!) and attached them to a Sweet Blush cardfront. I added some brads in the lower right corner for a little interest. I also dotted some Cotton Candy Stickles on the circles on the gift image--saved this for last since I *know* that the card will fall down, face first, and smudge them everywhere, so doing this last minimizes the possible damages!

Materials Used:
It's a Celebration and Birthday Basics stamp sets, Sweet Blush and Berry Sorbet inks, Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, and White cardstock, Pink Patterns paper pack (Papertrey Ink); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); silver brads (Making Memories); Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Lori...I'm going to have to give those sketches a go soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips