Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring (Stamp Release) Is Almost Here!

Once again, Maria at Kitchen Sink Stamps has outdone herself. The 4 step images in the new Hydrangea set that will be available on Monday are absolutely amazing.

On my first try with this set, I decided to start simple. I've found that for me, it's easiest for me to figure out the correct placement of the images if I use dye inks when I'm first trying out a new multi-step stamp set, so I stamped the largest hydrangea image (there are three sizes in the set) on Almost Amethyst cardstock using Almost Amethyst ink, Lavender Lace ink (stamped off once for one layer, at full strength for the next), and Lovely Lilac. I really like the soft, monochromatic look of the purple hydrangea against the pastel paper.

The stamped image panel is layered on rectangles cut with Nestabilities dies and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals. The scalloped panel is cut from shimmery white cardstock.

The ribbon is a simple satin ribbon but I have to share a little about it. I found it in the wedding section at Target. There are a bunch of colors available in 15 yard spools for $2.99. How can you pass that up?!

The sentiment uses another new stamp set, Whole Family. This elegant set has words for every family member you could ever need to make a card for, including some of the really tricky ones to find, like step parent, in-law, niece, nephew, and cousin.

Since I've shown you a stamp set for families on this card, I think it's appropriate to mention my plans for this morning. Did you know that April is recognized as the National Month of the Young Child? Today is one of our county's two family celebrations of this important event. The events are held at two local malls and are open to any county families with young children. There's lots of fun, free stuff for families and children to enjoy together, including community program information, school readiness materials, children's book giveaways, arts and crafts project, and entertainment. I'm on my way out the door to spend a few hours helping with today's event.

Materials Used:
Hydrangea and Whole Family stamp sets, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); white satin ribbon (Target); Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac, Certainly Celery, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, and Shimmery White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips