Saturday, April 19, 2008

Shoebox Swap Duo

I am heading to a SCS shoebox swap event today, about an hour's drive away from my house. All week, I've been looking forward to getting together with my stamping friends--and hoping that the weather would be nice for a drive, too! Here are the two cards I created for the shoebox swap. I tried to come up with cards that had totally different looks and were pretty quick and easy to stamp. I think I may have done just that with these two.

This first card uses the Classic Stars jumbo wheel for the main image. The image is wheeled on to a piece of vellum using white craft ink. I love the way this looks!

Since I was using stars, I went with a blue cardbase. I decided to make this card a "neutral" one for a boy/girl/whoever, so I added some red and yellow to the mix.

The small star is from the In the Stars set. I attached a small piece of striped grosgrain ribbon to the back of the star--kind of like a shooting star, I guess.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
In the Stars stamp set, Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel and handle, Ballet Blue and Barely Banana Classic inks, Ballet Blue, Barely Banana, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, vellum, red striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

The second card is basically a modified version of the card I created for the SCS featured stamper challenge on Sunday. I really liked how the card I did on Sunday turned out and I decided that I'd change it up just a bit for the swap.

I changed the colors and left out the heat embossing (less time consuming without it!). Instead, I used some Dazzling Diamonds at the centers of the small flowers for a little sparkle. I also replaced the rhinestone brad at the center of the flower "medallion" with a plain silver one (because I don't have enough fancy ones for the swap!).

I used a sentiment from Short & Sweet on the card. I thought that everyone could choose their own sentiment from the set depending on how they want to use the card--Mother's Day, thank you, birthday, whatever . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Baroque Motifs and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Basic Gray and Purely Pomegranate Classic inks, Basic Gray and Pretty in Pink cardstock, scallop circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, paper crimper, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensional

4 comments:

  1. These are both fabulous, Lori! I am sorry I couldn't make it to the shoebox swap today. Hope you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pink card is just terrific! Something about those colors REALLY caught me eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Lori! Hope you enjoy the meeting!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips