Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #41

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}. The design called for a round card, so I pulled out my high-tech (LOL!) and handy collection of plastic lids to create the card base and the two round mats.

I used a large Nestabilities scalloped circle die to create the polka dotted paper layer. I used the same die to cut the edges of the solid paper strip for the center panel of the card. I just set the strip of paper on the die so that it ran from edge to edge. Saved me a lot of trimming!

The sentiment is from SU!'s Full of Life stamp set. I love this versatile collection of sentiments. They're perfect for either the inside or the outside of cards. The sentiment's surrounded by some shimmery flower confetti pieces and a few purple-ish acrylic dome embellishments.

If you have a chance, stop by Tamara's blog to check out what the other card design team members have done with this week's sketch and for details about her card sketch design team call.

Materials Used:
Full of Life stamp set, Purely Pomegranate Classic ink, Purely Pomegranate and Regal Rose cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon, Crystal Effects (Target); shimmery flower confetti pieces, purple acrylic dome floral embellishments (Michaels); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities)

5 comments:

  1. What a great card, love your hi tech method, I use the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lori - this is so pretty! I just bought a colozzle so I think I am going to try out this card sketch!! Your card is fabulous - love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card on Tamara's site this morning, and I just LOVE it! It's fantastic!

    I JUST got some Nestabilities, and used them for the first time on my card. How fun! I still need to figure out the Cuttlebug "sandwich", but I broke a B plate. It was a very sad, much knicked up B plate, but still, I broke it! I'll be playing around, and figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty Lori! I love that pink color and the scallops! Great job on your circle card! It's gorgeous!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips