Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stitched Sketch

I made this card for Jen's Saturday Sketch for You to Try challenge. My proportions are a little off from the ones in Jen's versionof the sketch, but I like how it turned out, especially the monochromatic color scheme.

The main image is one of the large flowers from Stitched Exotics. This is one of the first sets I bought when the most recent SU! catalog came out and I realize that I've barely used it other than to make a card for a new catalog cardfront swap. I inked the flower with Regal Rose ink, then used a slightly darker Rose Red marker to ink the image's stitched outline. I trimmed closely around the image and added a felt flower with a tiny pearl to the flower's center.

I stamped one of the flourish images in white craft ink, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. The embossed image really pops! I attached the flower to the embossed panel with a dimensional.

After accidentally putting glue on the dotted side of the first piece of patterned paper I cut, I used the dotted paper (as I had intended to) from the Bali Breeze paper pack for the cardfront. To go with the dots on the paper, I did some paper piercing on the Purely Pomegranate strip across the cardfront and added some dome embellishments in a coordinating color.

My pink eye is back yet again (4th time in the last 5 months!), so I'm off to rest my itchy eyes for a little bit before working on my project for my grad school class. Saturday is my last class session for the spring semester, then I have only two classes left this summer before graduation . . .

Materials Used:
Stitched Exotics stamp set, Regal Rose Classic ink, White Craft ink, Rose Red marker, Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper, Flower Fusion felt flower, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Winter White embossing powder, rose grosgrain ribbon, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); self-adhesive flat backed pearl (Target); purple acrylic dome floral embellishments (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. Lori, this card is fantastic! I love the monochromatic look! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips