Monday, April 7, 2008

They're Here!

The newest sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps, that is! Two new stamp sets are releasing today--the 3 step Hydrangea set and the Whole Family set.

This card features images from the Hydrangea set, plus a sentiment from the Hearts & Roses stamp set. I tried something a little different with the flower image here. I stamped the layers in Versamark and covered them with shimmery chalks. I found these sparkly, shimmery, vivid chalks on sale last week at AC Moore and had to have them. I've seen a few other people, including my fellow KS design team member Dee, use chalks for these multi-step images, so I thought I'd try it out with these new chalks.

Here's how it worked. I stamped the image with Versamark, then covered it with chalk. The chalks come with little pom poms and a clip applicator, so it's easy to control where you put the chalks. I rubbed them all over the Versamarked image, then wiped away the excess chalk with a used dryer sheet (good thing I was doing laundry last night . . .). Then I inked the stamp for the next layer with Versamark, stamped, and chalked with a slightly darker shade of pink/red. I repeated this for all of the layers. I love the subtle, shimmery results! Unfortunately, my camera wouldn't pick up the shimmery, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

To stamp the container, I masked the flower with a sticky note. I used regular dye inks for all of the layers except for the last one. On the final layer, I used Versamark and a sparkly black chalk. I meant to stamp leaves, too, but I forgot . . . To set the chalked image and prevent it from rubbing off, I sprayed over it with a little bit of hairspray.

The sentiment is from the previous release, Hearts & Roses. The elegant font matches the one from the new Whole Family set that's available today. Be sure to stop by the Kitchen Sink Stamps store to check out the new sets.

Materials Used:
Hydrangea and Hearts & Roses stamp sets, Silver Bell Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); pearlescent chalks (Pebbles); white cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Going Gray and Basic Gray Classic inks, Basic Gray, Rose Red, and Basic Black cardstock, gray taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (adt Vibrant pack from Walmart); hair spray

5 comments:

  1. Oh my Lori! What a pretty stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooo, pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Lori!! I guess I've been under a rock cause I haven't seen chalks used with these stamps - sooo pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Lori!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips