Saturday, May 17, 2008

Birthday Blues

Since it's my birthday today, I figured it would be appropriate to share a card with a birthday theme, even though I'm not a big fan of celebrating my birthday. I created this one using Beate's weekend sketch challenge.

This came together really quickly, which was good because I didn't have a lot of time to use to work on it! I started with a piece of patterned paper from a Prima paper pad. I like the bright colors in the pattern. They're not ones that I would have thought to pair on my own, but I think they really work well together. I used a teal card base and some orange and pink accents to coordinate with the paper.

The only stamping on the card is the birthday sentiment from SU!'s Full of Life stamp set. I love the versatile sayings in this set--it's one I'm finding myself using a lot. I layered a few flowers from the Flower Fusion set and attached them with a rhinestone brad to embellish the sentiment panel.

Thanks to all of my online friends who've sent me beautiful birthday greetings. I've really enjoyed finding them in my mailbox this week. I'll share some photos of the cards in the next few days.

Materials Used:
Full of Life stamp set, Taken with Teal Classic ink, Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink, and Whisper White cardstock, Flower Fusion felt flowers, corner rounder, pop up glue dot, dmensionals (Stampin' Up!); rhinestone brad (Making Memories); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); patterned paper (Prima's Sasha Paper Collection pad)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Lori! I hope your day is fantatic! This is a great card. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, with many blessing today!!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your card turned out! Thanks so much for playing!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips