Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Buzzing About Bees

Here are two more projects created using the Flight of the Bumble Bee and Buzz Words stamp sets from Clear & Simple Stamps. This first one features my sister's dog, Bella, in her Halloween costume. As soon as I saw these stamps, I knew that this photo of Bella would be perfect to pair with the images. As you can probably tell, Bella was less than thrilled about wearing the costume. I was definitely laughing as I stamped the "Bee Happy" sentiment under the picture

I picked the colors for the 6x6 scrapbook page to coordinate with Bella's photo and the sparkly floral paper. The bee image is stamped on the metal edged vellum tag using black pigment ink. I colored it with Copic markers, then added a little glitter to the wings for sparkle. Since Bella's a girlie girl dog, I added a flower brad with some rhinestone bling to the tag. The tag is attached to the page with glue dots, hidden under the bee image and the flower brad.
Materials Used:
Flight of the Bumble Bee and Buzz Words stamp sets (Clear & Simple Stamps); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); Ballet Blue Craft ink, Yoyo Yellow and Bashful Blue cardstock, Ballet Blue marker, Dazzling Diamonds, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); flower brad (Making Memories); vellum tag (?); markers (Copic); patterned paper (DCWV Glitter Stack); self-adhesive rhinestone (Me & My Big Ideas); ric rack (Walmart)

The second project is an altered binder clip. I found a bunch of packages of these clips in lots of different colors in a clearance bin at Staples. I thought that I could alter this one to make a fun and functional accessory for my desk at work. I always have a few phone messages waiting for me and those little papers always seem to be flying away from my reach. Now I'm using this little creation to corral them.

I stamped the bee image on white cardstock then colored it with markers and again added some glitter to the bee's wings. I punched out the image with a circle punch. Then I stamped the "give me a buzz" sentiment along the edge of the circle. I curved the sentiment as I placed it on the acrylic block so it would follow the edge of the circle.

I layered the bee image on coordinating circle images and attached them to the ends of the binder clip. These clips have big circles on the end, not just the metal prongs, so the punched out circles are pretty stable.

I'm loving playing with the bee images, but I'm also looking forward to the upcoming new releases from Clear & Simple Stamps. There will be some fun new sets available soon (June 1st, I believe) that will be perfect for summer occasions. You'll find some new bridal shower and wedding images, plus some that are perfect for summer travel. I can't wait to try them out!

Materials Used:
Flight of the Bumble Bee and Buzz Words stamp sets (Clear & Simple Stamps); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Pumpkin Pie cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds, circle punches, scallop circle punch, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic Ciao)

3 comments:

  1. BEEautiful projects. Thanks for the giggle. I just can't get over the look on Bella's face, heeheehee! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella rocks! Don't let the look on her face fool you -- she loved her costume!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips