Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop 3



It's time for another Blog Hop at Papertrey Ink. This month's challenge was to showcase a creative way to use scored lines in your project. I decided to combine scored lines with PTI's new Bitty Baby Blessings stamp set and Bitty Baby Blessings patterned paper pack for my project.




When I think of babies, I think of soft, cozy, comforting baby blankets. I actually was thinking of my own textured yellow baby blanket from long ago (I called it "Bladey"--I think it's still at my parents' house somewhere . . .) when I created this card.

I used my Scor-Pal to create a series of diagonal score marks on a piece of textured yellow paper. I made sure to use a piece of paper with a white core because I wanted to lightly sand the paper to emphasize the score marks and make the blanket piece look sort of quilted. Then I made tiny cuts into strips of Summer Sunrise cardstock to use as fringe at the ends of the blanket.

I used a scrap of dotted paper from the Bitty Baby Blessings paper pack to create the patterned elephant. I placed the elephant and the sentiment on circles and attached them to the cardfront with dimensionals, overlapping the bottom right corner of the blanket.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other creative ways that the other Blog Hop participants used scored lines in their creations. I always get so many great new ideas from checking out all of the Blog Hop projects.

Materials Used:
Bitty Baby Blessings stamp set, Summer Sunrise and Noir Black Palette ink, Lemon Tart and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Bitty Baby Blessings patterned paper, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); yellow textured cardstock (DCWV); circle dies (Nestabilities); orange brads (Making Memories); dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); sanding block (Target); circle dies (Nestabilities)

39 comments:

  1. If I'm not mistaken,your blanket is in the bottom drawer of your nightstand! And, it's just as special as the card that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori-fancy seeing you here! I love your card! It is just so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on the scoring!! thanks for the reminder to use white core card stock when sanding it..... I can see myself forgetting and sanding the paper away :) Love how you popped the elephant's ear, too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just so cute!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Love the sanded diamonds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER card, great with teh paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful card!! beautiful colors!! tfs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card. I just love it. one of the best so far. Thanks Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and pretty! I love it, Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great idea to sand the score lines. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey, Lori. Love your card. That is so cool how you used the white core paper and sanded. What a great way to showcase your scorelines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card..love the look of the scored lines..very creative..don't you just love that little elephant!!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  13. too cute... i love the card...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! The little elephant is adorable. This is such a nice baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow,this so cute!! I love the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool and creative. Nice job. I like how you sanded the score lines too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! I really NEED to use my Scor-Pal creatively!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the funkiness of the straight scored lines with the polka dotted elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just beautiful. Thank you for the great idea.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet Lori! Love that sanding on the score lines! and I LOVE the very first comment in this post!!! Too wonderful...!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That distressing really makes those grid lines POP! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful card! Love the detail and the elephant really pops out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea to use a white core paper and sand! That really makes your grid pop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful card Lori! I love the way you used the scorepal.
    Dee Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Lori, this is absolutely adorable! Love the colors and the image! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO pretty. I love the yellows and the soft quilt look you created. My brother had a silk blankie and my Nana used to have to give him her slip to sleep with when he forgot it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice. I will have to remember this technique next time I score.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips