Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fast Featured Stamper Card

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge on SCS. It took no more than five minutes to complete from start to finish. In fact, I think it may have taken me longer to locate my Baroque Motifs stamp set than it did to actually make the card. I'm not sure what that says about the organization/condition of my stamping area, though . . .

I was inspired by this card in Kim's gallery. I liked the simple design and wanted to capture that in my version. I did make some changes, including using stamps for the images and moving away from the black and white color scheme.

Instead of using a rub-on for the main image, I used the large swirl from Baroque Motifs, stamped at an angle like the rub-on was applied on Kim's card. It's stamped in Basic Gray ink, which looks so pretty against the Soft Sky cardstock I used for the cardfront. I added some bright flowers using Purely Pomegranate ink. I also used some small rhinestones at the center of each flower (note to self: let the rhinestones set before standing the card up, otherwise they'll slip and the glue will smear the ink a little . . . ) . I stamped the sentiment in the bold Purely Pomegranate ink, too, then added a piece of gray taffeta ribbon around the cardfront. Simple and elegant--and quick, too.

Materials Used:
Baroque Motifs stamp set, Basic Gray and Purely Pomegranate Classic inks, Soft Sky cardstock, gray taffeta ribbon, corner rounder (Stampin' Up!); rhinestones (Walmart)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips