Saturday, May 3, 2008

Wonderful Times 2

I'm back as promised with some info on some great blog candy that's up for grabs at Sketches {by Tamara}. Tamara has posted both a scrapbook layout sketch and a card sketch on her blog. All you have to do to enter is create either a card or layout using one of the sketches and post a link to your creation at her blog. On Tuesday, May 6, she'll draw a winner for a $15 gift certificate to Scrap Freak.

Since her design team members are eligible to play, I wanted to give the card sketch a try. I used one of the images from SU!'s Wonderful You. I stamped the outline image in River Rock, then filled it in with River Rock, stamped off once. Against the striped paper from the Fall Flowers paper pack, the ink has a really green appearance. That's one of the things I really like about River Rock--depending on what colors it's paired with, it has a completely different look. I wrapped a piece of Old Olive poly twill ribbon around the stamped image panel and added two brads to the upper right corner of the panel.

The sentiment is from the retired Wonderful Words II set. It's also stamped in River Rock. I really like this color combination (kraft/Soft Sky/River Rock). It's so earthy and soothing, isn't it?

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Wonderful You andWonderful Words II stamp sets, River Rock Classic ink, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, and Kraft cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, distressing tool, Old Olive poly twill ribbon, brads

6 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card!! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors...that striped dp looks fabulous with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and I love the colors too! You have been stamping like crazy...I'm so jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the sketch challenge, this is a very prety card!
    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, I really love your card! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I need to do a card for the sketch today!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips