Sunday, May 11, 2008

Flowers for Mother's Day

As promised earlier in the week, here's the card I made for my mom for Mother's Day. My mom has been commenting over and over on how beautiful the hydrangea images from Kitchen Sink Stamps are, so I knew that I'd make her Mother's Day card using these stamps. I hope she likes it!

I was inspired by one of Jan Tink's cards where she used the hydrangea images stamped on kraft cardstock over a white ink base. That's what I did here when I "built" the images. I started with white pigment ink, then stamped over the white base with shimmery Brilliance inks (for the flowers) and chalk inks (for the leaves). I love the way this turned out! I brushed some more white ink along the edges of the kraft cardstock--it ended up being a little more and a little darker than I would have liked it to be, but it still works.

I stamped the sentiment by combining words from the Whole Family stamp set. I placed the individual words on the stamped panel where I wanted them, then picked them up with the acrylic block. This kept the spacing the way I wanted it and let me stamp all of the words at one time. I matted the stamped image on a plum mat, then added a few pearly Dew Drops.

I'm lucky to live close enough to my parents that I see them on a pretty regular basis, so I plan to give this to her tonight when we have a family dinner for Mother's Day.

Materials Used:
Hydrangea and Whole Family stamp sets, Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Moonlight White, Pearlescent Crimson, Pearlescent Poppy, and Pearlescent Orchid inks (Brilliance); Tea Leaves and Spanish Olive chalk inks (VersaMagic); Purely Pomegranate, Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, and Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (Target)

7 comments:

  1. Lori, this is beautiful! Your Mom will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this turned out beautifully! Your hydrangeas look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lori!! What a great job with the hydrangeas! Hope you had a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a sweet looking card.

    Arlene,
    Silverdale flowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is gorgeous too!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!
    It looks just like a vintage postcard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, i so need to get me some Kitchen sink stamps, lol you do such lovely things with them.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips