Saturday, May 10, 2008

More Stars . . .

I guess I'm kind of stuck on stars this week. I promise that the Mother's Day card I have to share tomorrow doesn't have a single star on it! I made this card for Julee's Mojo Monday sketch challenge.

I started off with this really nice Wild Asparagus double sided patterned paper. In addition to the great colors and patterns, the paper has a subtle texture to it. I used the colors in the patterned paper as the basis for the card. The card's base is made from kraft cardstock--I love that stuff!

I picked a dotted star from Verve Visual's Polka Stars stamp set for the focal image. I stamped it in a shimmery copper ink and punched it out with a large star punch. I stamped the "trail" for the star in Papertrey Ink's Aqua Mist ink using an image from Verve's Seeing Stars set. I had originally thought that SU!'s Soft Sky might be a good match for the blue in the paper, but Aqua Mist ended up being an almost exact match.

The sentiment is from Verve's Starlight Starbright sentiment set. I stamped it in Chocolate Chip ink so it would stand out. I found a small copper star brad to accent the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Seeing Stars, Polka Stars, and Starlight Starbright stamp sets (Verve Visual); Aqua Mist Palette ink, Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist twill (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Shimmery White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, large star punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper star brad (Making Memories); patterned paper (Wild Asparagus-Birthday Boy Dots/Blue Paper)

1 comment:

  1. So lovely. The color combo is beautiful, and I love how the star stands out as a different color. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips