Monday, May 12, 2008

Great Day for a Latte . . .

It is another cold, dark and rainy day here (we've had something like 7+ inches of rain over the past 5 days, which is a lot for us)--and it's a Monday, too-- so I wanted to do a card with a warm, toasty feel tonight. I turned to my new Lattebella image from Stamping Bella. Even though I don't usually drink coffee, the warm drink looks pretty good now!

The design for this card comes from Mercy's blog. She shares a weekly sketch challenge every Tuesday. I had some of this pretty patterned paper left over from a card I did on Saturday, so I used a piece of it across the front of the card. I love the brown and blue/green combo!

I used Copic markers to color the Bella image to coordinate with the paper. I'm taking a Copic class next Saturday at a local stamp store--I'm so excited to learn the "right" way to use these markers! To fill in the "white space" at the top right corner of the image, I added a small photo corner.

I embellished the card with a few tiny brown Prima flowers. I have a big bottle of these small flowers in a bunch of shades and I've been having a hard time finding the right things to use the brown flowers on. They worked really well here. I added tiny self-adhesive flat backed pearls to the middle of each flower to hide the holes at the centers.

The sentiment comes from the Hot Stuff stamp set from My Favorite Things. It fit perfectly inside my word window punch and gave the card a final, warm touch.

Materials Used:
Lattebella image (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Hot Stuff from My Favorite Things Stamps); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); "Birthday Boy" Dots patterned paper (My Mind's Eye/Wild Asparagus); Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Close to Cocoa cardstock, word window punch, photo corner punch (Stampin' Up!); flowers (Prima); markers (Copic Ciao); flat backed pearls (Target)

6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty!! Your colors and coloring are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another beautiful sketch challenge card, lori! love these colors, and what a sweet image! i also like the photo corners on the one side with the primas along the bottom.

    awesome job! thanks so much for playing!

    hugs ~mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Lori! Fun image and I'm loving that CC now too! Gotta jot that one down...tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is great, love the colors you used on the image, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable! Love the little row of primas! Oh, now I want a latte!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colouring. It's gorgeous as usual. Helps that these are my ultimate favourite colours. I love how you've placed the primas: too sweet! :0) mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips