Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wonderful You in Guava

Wonderful You is becoming one of my favorite stamp sets to use. The images are so pretty! Here, I used the two-step flower image for today's SCS sketch challenge.

I really like these images paired with the Fall Flowers paper. I'm not sure why, but that seems to be the patterned paper I turn to when I'm working with this stamp set. I used the rust and guava shades on the paper for the image and the card front. The flower part of the image was stamped a second time and cut out. I placed it over the first stamped image using a dimensional and added just a little Dazzling Diamonds to the flower's center. I sponged a little guava ink along the edges of the cardstock, too.

I layered the image panel on a piece of kraft cardstock. I tried it with the Sahara Sand that's in the paper, but I liked the look of the kraft better. I used a small scrap of wide white grosgrain ribbon to create a ribbon tab for one side of the image and added a trio of copper brads on the other side.

The circle and scalloped circle for the cardfront were cut with Nestabilities dies, then cut in half. I realized after I had put things together and let them set that I had placed the half-circles the opposite of how they were supposed to be (the left side piece should be near the top of the card and the right side piece should be near the bottom of the card). Oh, well . . .

Materials Used:
Wonderful You stamp set, Groovy Guava and Really Rust Classic inks, Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Kraft, and Confetti White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); copper brads (Making Memories); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels)

5 comments:

  1. What a cool looking card. I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card - love how you matted the circle with DS paper - this is beautiful!! I really like the unique look of this sketch. Must try to use it later on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Lori! That stamp is wonderful and I've debated ordering it....maybe next time ;)
    LOL @ the circles...I'm sure I did the same thing. I doubt that part matters though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous creation, Lori! Great use of the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! This is a great color combo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips