Friday, June 27, 2008

Bright Brads and a Bird

I took a short break from working on my paper to make a card for today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS. The challenge was to use brads as the only embellishment on your card and to incorporate the brads into the stamped image.

I've had these large decorative brads from Target's Dollar Spot in my crafting stash for a while now and never had the *right* project for them until now. I used the brads as brightly colored and patterned leaves on the whimsical tree image from Unity Stamp Company's Giggle Grove stamp kit. They're layered over 1/2" celery circles I placed on the tree image to make the image a little more "tree-like," although a tree with such bright colors really isn't tree-like at all.

The bird image is stamped on a scrap of white paper and colored with Copic markers. I attached it to the image panel with a dimensional and added a coordinating photo corner to the top right corner.

I used the dominant colors from the brads for the rest of my card's color scheme. I found a scrap of dotted paper from the Bali Breeze paper pack that coordinated well with the brads, then added matching solid strips under the patterned piece. I used Purely Pomegranate ink to stamp the bold sentiment directly on the patterned paper.

Now, back to work on my paper . . . I'm sure that tomorrow, I'll need to take another stamping break or two, so I should have something to share then.

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove stamp kit (Unity Stamp Company); Purely Pomegranate Classic ink, Purely Pomegranate, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, and Soft Sky cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper, photo corner punch, 1/2" circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Vintage Sepia ink (Versafine); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); brads (Target)

4 comments:

  1. I browse through the dollar area at my Target every time I'm there, and I never find anything as cute as those brads! Love the card, that tree is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Card..
    colors are wonderful!
    Your tree is so sweet..
    (love those big brads)
    cute bird too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this card so much. The colors and the layout and the added embellilshments all just make a wonderfully fun card.

    Holly
    hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning way to use brads. LOVE it. :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips