Friday, June 27, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 53

So, I guess you could say that this is kind of take 2 on the challenge from Week 51 with a little twist. I went back to the Mixed Bouquet stamp set for this pretty card using the crayon resist technique for this week's challenge, which was to use a resist technique on your card.

Usually when I use this set, I reach for pinks and purples. Today, I went in a slightly different direction, choosing oranges and yellows for the flower images.
I used sponge daubers to apply Pumpkin Pie ink to the large flower images and Summer Sun ink to the smaller ones. The leaves were done with Old Olive ink and the "white space" was filled in with Taken with Teal.

Since we're on the subject of crayon resist, here's my trick for this technique. I use a yellow crayon, rather than a white one, to highlight the spots where I want the ink to resist. It will rub off just as well as a white crayon and it makes it much easier to see where you've already filled in.

I used Taken with Teal and Pumpkin Pie cardstock to make the card base and mat the image. I tied a band of wide orange grosgrain ribbon around the image panel (the orange does not clash IRL, I promise). One of the sentiments from Stem Sayings is stamped on an orange panel and slipped under the ribbon.

To get some other great ideas for using resist techniques on your cards, be sure to visit the other challenge players. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Mixed Bouquet and Stem Sayings stamp sets, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, Summer Sun, and Basic Black Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, and Glossy White cardstock, sponge daubers (Stampin' Up!); orange grosgrain ribbon (Michaels dollar bin); yellow crayon

23 comments:

  1. GREAT card - the colors are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOHHHH....these colors rock! Fabulous job there chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop it! I love this stamp set and miss it so much! Your card is gorgeous - of course the stamps make it! haha I love how you positioned the sentiment and ribbon, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Lori! Love this color combination...perfect for summer! Thanks for the yellow crayon tip! I'll have to try it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABulous colors!! Gorgeous card, stunning, bright and cheerful...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the colors and your crayon resist with this set (one of my favorites still!). Great tip on the yellow crayon, too!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lori...the colors are amazing! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I love the colors you chose. Great design and layout too. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is so eye-catching, I just love your color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty. I love the colors, the stamp set you used (miss demoing it)....it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY COOL! I love how you did the flowers! Beautiful color combo-great job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful color combination - the crayon resist works wonderfully with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card and great tip for using a yellow crayon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ouuuuu! Bright bold beautiful! Love the colours. SO pretty! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow we are having some wonderful summery cards today and yours is fabulous. The colors just make me feel good. Love the ribbon and your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool layout! Love these vibrant and life-filled colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colors, wonderful burnishing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choice of colors. This set always looks wonderful with this technique. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this is the perfect flower for this technique..what a bright and funky creation.
    Connie Paxman

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one of my favourite sets and you have done such good work with it. It's perfect for this technique.

    Marcia
    new BC member

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Lori. Love the colors. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This has always been a favorite set of mine, so, naturally, I just adore this card!! Love the colors, love the layout....looks fabulous with the resist. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card and very happy colors! Love crayon resist! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips