Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm Melting

And I'm not sure if the "melting" is because it's so very hot here or because I have so much to do . . . Even though I should be doing some work for my classes, when I got home from my classes tonight I had to try one of the new stamp sets from My Favorite Things that was waiting in the mailbox for me. Since I have some reading to do, I'll keep this post really short.

I created a sideways z-fold card using the large image from the new ice cream themed Here's the Scoop set. This z-fold card was much easier to photograph than the ones that are oriented horizontally! I colored the image with Copic markers in shades of pink and blue. I made my ice cream strawberry-looking since I'm not really a chocolate ice cream fan.

I added the "Oh, fudge!" sentiment on an oval piece. What a fun sentiment for a missed birthday or a "sorry" card! I lined the inside panel of the card with a piece of dotted pink paper from the SU! Prints Series hostess paper pack.

Speaking of ice cream, one of my co-workers told me that an ice cream stand nearby gives out frozen treats to your dog. I feel so bad about leaving Cosmo the crazy dog alone for so long on days when I go to both work and class, even though I come home and check on him between class and work. I just might have to take him over to get a chilly treat tomorrow after work . . .

Materials Used:
Here's the Scoop stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose and Tempting Turquoise cardstock, Pretty in Pink Prints Series designer paper, large oval punch, silver brad, dimensional (Stampin' Up!)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm soooooooooo jealous you got your new stamps already! LOL...your card ROCKS! I'll be waiting another couple of weeks before mine arrives :(

    LOL we buy frozen dog ice cream cups for Snickers at the grocery store and Walmart. They are those little round ones like a dixie cup...so cute and she loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo!! Awesome card Lori! I love this stamp set....I would love to get my puppy the frozen treats if she didn't throw up all over - do they have frozen treats for sentitive stomachs??!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips