Sunday, June 15, 2008

Giggle Frame

This frame is actually my "reward" to myself for being really productive today. In addition to doing some clean up in my house and being pretty much done with the first version of the paper I need to turn in this week for my class, I made major progress on items for two of the organized swaps I signed up to participate in at the upcoming SU! convention. Since I got lots of the "work" done, I gave myself a little time to play and tried out this week's Project of the Week from the Unity Stamp Company forum on SCS.

The project was to make a magnetic photo frame. I had a bunch of these magnetic frames that I got at the Target Dollar spot last year, so I pulled one out for the challenge. They're not too big, so I didn't want to go too overboard in decorating it.

I covered the frame with a combination of patterned paper from SEI's Dill Weed collection and from a big box of K & Company papers. I tied a piece of wide olive grosgrain ribbon around the frame to cover the seam where the papers met.

I embellished the frame with images from Unity's Giggle Grove stamp set. The tree top was stamped on a scrap of Certainly Celery Prints Series paper, then attached to the frame with foam tape. I added one of the birds from the Giggle Grove set to the tree, too. I used Vintage Sepia ink to stamp the "giggle" sentiment in the top right corner of the frame.

I made the glass pebble magnets by stamping just the asterick image from the "giggle" sentiment on small scraps of white cardstock. I punched them out with a small circle punch, then layered them on to a slightly larger colored cardstock circle. The glass pebble (and the magnet) is attached with Crystal Effects.

What a fun project! I had forgotten all about these frames and this was a nice reminder to pull them out and use them. I think this one might end up on my desk at work.

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove stamp set (Unity Stamp Company); frame (Target); markers (Copic Ciao); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Vintage Sepia ink (Versafine); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); patterned paper (SEI's Fennel from Dill Weed line, K & Co. paper); green acrylic dome embellishments, magnets (Michaels); Taken with Teal and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Taken with Teal and Certainly Celery cardstock, Crystal Effects (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

  1. Too cute!!! I love this card. The birdie is just too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Geez, how did I miss magnetic frames at the $1 spot!?! I love what you created here . . . it's such a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I like how you made the pebble magnets to hold memos or photos. Did the frame orignally have an opening?

    Holly
    hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips