Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Giggle Grove--Again!

As soon as I saw the sketch for today's sketch challenge on SCS, I got the idea for this card. Since it was on my mind for much of the day, I had to quickly put it together after I got home from class tonight.

I used the Giggle Grove stamp set from Unity Stamp Company to create the simple scene on the large image panel. I really like the whimsical tree image. I stamped the image in brown ink on Soft Sky cardstock, then punched out small circles from a scrap of dotted Prints Series designer paper to fill in the tree image. I attached those with some dimensionals. The bird was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then tucked it in the tree. When I positioned the bird and tree, I made sure to leave space on the left side of the panel to fit the large "giggle" sentiment. I spritzed the panel with some Caribbean Mist Glimmer Mist.

Now that that's off my mind, I can head off to sleep . . .

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove stamp set (Unity Stamp Company); Vintage Sepia ink (Versafine); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Caribbean Mist (Glimmer Mist); Taken with Teal Classic ink, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, and Kraft cardstock, Certainly Celery Prints Series designer paper, 1/2" circle punch, Old Olive poly-twill ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. I love how you created the scene that bird is so cute in the tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh...now you are killing me with this Giggle Grove set...I can't wait for mine to arrive...lol

    I LOVE that you used it for this sketch and the colours you used are FAB!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips