Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Simple Delight

I've had the Simple Delights stamp set from one of the Simply Sent kits in the SU! catalog for months now and I've probably used it only once. Even though it isn't the style of image I usually turn to, I got the kit to show off the kit contents (the kits really are a great idea!) and because everyone I showed the selection of kits to chose this one as their favorite.

When I saw the inspiration picture for the June Verve Visual Project Parade, I immediately thought of the images in this set. I used one of the images to create a bold, repeated pattern in Real Red craft ink on pale So Saffron cardstock. I knew I couldn't place the images accurately by myself, so I relied on my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help me line everything up. I layered the stamped panel on to a red panel. To match the rounded shape of the image (I don't know what you call that thing!), I used a corner rounder to round the edges of the right sides of the panels.

For some contrast, I added a strip of black cardstock under the left side of the panels. There's paper piercing along the edge of the panel, but it's hard to see in the photo. I also added a trio of black brads to pull in the black and to repeat the circle pattern again.

I stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set in red on white cardstock and used bold red and black to mat it. I found a tiny scrap of red ribbon to attach to one end of the sentiment panel. The right edges of the sentiment panels are rounded to match the larger image panel.

I really like the layout. I didn't have anything specific in mind when I started to piece together my stamped images, so I'm glad I was able to mix and match and come up with something that worked.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Simple Delights Simply Sent kit, Real Red Craft ink, Real Red Classic ink, Real Red, So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, corner rounder, black brads, dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig

3 comments:

  1. Would you call that main image a medallion? That's what I'd call it. Cute card, love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, this is GORGEOUS!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE this card. I mean you make a bunch of awesome ones but I think this is my all time favorite! Awesome, awesome, girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the rounded corners - it really softens the card nicely. Thanks for playing our challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips