Thursday, June 26, 2008

Preppy Petals?

Here's a quick card I made for Kristina's color challenge. The color palette featured 3 soon-to-retire SU! In Colors--Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, and River Rock--plus Regal Rose and Whisper White. I love River Rock and will definitely miss it when it retires . . . I did have a hard time finding a good balance for combining these colors and went through a few layout ideas before settling on this one.

For my challenge card, I paired a simple image from Verve Visual's Petals & Stems set with a simple layout.
My card features lots of dots--on the patterned paper, in a paper pierced strip, and on the scalloped circle.

The larger flower image is stamped in Purely Pomegranate and the smaller image is nested in the center using Regal rose ink. I added a small pink rhinestone brad to the center, then layered the flower and a Regal Rose mat on a larger scalloped circle.

I used a piece of wide Regal Rose ribbon across the cardfront. When I saw them together, the rose and wasabi green reminded me of one of the traditional "preppy" color combos from the 80's. What do you think?

Materials Used:
Petals & Stems stamp set (Verve Visual); Regal Rose and Purely Pomegranate Classic inks, Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White cardstock, Wild Wasabi Prints Series designer paper, 1 3/8" and scalloped circle punches, wide Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink rhinestone brad (Making Memories); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

13 comments:

  1. Oh it's sooooo pretty! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the flower image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! The flower really "pops."

    ReplyDelete
  4. dunno about preppy but I think it is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I love the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Love the layout and the simplicity of it. Love that Designer Paper. Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! really lovely. love the pink in the middle to brighten the whole card up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh! I love your flower! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Great card! I love the flower, it really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, you did wonders with the challenge colors! Fantastic job! You card is sooo in MY top ten!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on top ten. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips