Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hoo's in the Window?

The cute owl from Unity Stamp Company, that's who. I combined a whole bunch of challenges to create this fun, monochromatic card, including today's Ways to Use it Challenge on SCS to use a bird image, the weekly project in the Unity Stamp Company SCS Member Company Forum to make a window on your project, and the challenge from Our Creative Corner to use at least one button and one brad on a card.

I stamped the owl image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. The image is set inside a window I made with a rectangle Nestabilities die. For the window's "frame," I used a pair of Nestabilities dies, nested together to make a rectangle with an open center. I added a small pink taffeta bow in the upper right corner of the frame and a scalloped strip along the right edge to embellish it a bit.

The sentiment is stamped in Regal Rose Craft ink directly on the patterned paper. The pigment ink really stands out against the softer pink color. I accented the "o" in "loves" with a small pink heart brad.

I continued the heart and love theme with the owl image. I used a glue dot to attach a pink heart-shaped button to the owl. I set the image on a pink mat using dimensionals and centered the mat inside the card, under the window opening. I stamped the branch image from the kit in Regal Rose craft ink on the pink mat to ground the owl.

To finish the card off, I used the My Way punch to make a layered arrow. I set the arrow on the frame with a dimensional, pointing right at the owl image.

I'll have a project to share tomorrow morning for the weekly blogger challenge group I participate in. I'm not quite sure what it will be yet, but I promise there will be something . . .

Materials Used:
Owl Always Love You kit (Unity Stamp Company); Regal Rose Craft ink, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Pretty in Pink Prints Series designer paper, pink taffeta ribbon, My Way punch, glue dots, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rectangle dies (Nestabilities); heart brad (Making Memories); heart button (Walmart); white cardstock (Xerox); marker (Copic Ciao); threaded water punch(Fiskars)

3 comments:

  1. aw, what a cute card! Lovin' all the pink! I'm intrigued that you have the heart brad in the "O" facing vertical, but the saying is horizontal. Different!
    Holly
    hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Lori!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet is that heart button on your darling owl? Beautiful card - lovin' the pink!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips