Sunday, June 29, 2008

How Appropriate . . .

Since it seems like all I've been doing lately (other than work for my classes) is shopping and spending money, it's only appropriate that I create a card to represent this! So, here's a shopping themed card for Julee's Mojo Monday challenge.

I used the Savvy Shopabella image from Stamping Bella for the main image on my card. I colored the image with Copic markers and added some details with glitter pens and some Stickles, too.

The colors for the image were based on the purple-y shades found in the Guide Lines patterned paper from Papertrey Ink. I used PTI cardstock for the rest of the card, including the image mats and the scalloped strip.

I paired the image with a sentiment from the Say Charge stamp set from My Favorite Things. It's a perfect match for this image, isn't it? I originally tried stamping the sentiment directly on the patterned paper using black ink, but that didn't work. The pattern was too dark and busy for the sentiment to be seen. So, I went to Plan B--stamping the sentiment in plum ink on a scrap of pale lavendar cardstock. I added a trio of purple embellishments under the sentiment.

And, in keeping with the spending money theme, I'm heading to the Stamping Bella site right now to take advantage of the current free shipping offer and pick up a few new Bellas (and friends) to add to my collection . . .

Materials Used:
Savvy Shopabella image (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Say Charge set from My Favorite Things); petite oval and petite scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Lavendar Moon, Plum Pudding, and Sweet Blush cardstock, Guide Lines patterned paper, Plum Pudding Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); Threaded Water punch (Fiskars); Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); purple dome floral embellishments (Michaels)

4 comments:

  1. ho visitato il tuo blog...fantastico, complimenti!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So feminine and pretty! Love your coloring. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! :-)

    Many Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute and fun! Love the colors!

    Holly
    hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips