Sunday, June 29, 2008

Orange You Cute

In honor of the final day (tomorrow) of the current SU! mini catalog, I had to make a card using one of my favorite sets from this mini. I love the fun, summery images from Tart & Tangy--and the matching sentiments from Smart Cookie, and the matching Summer Picnic paper, too. I was able to incorporate all three into a card for the featured stamper challenge on SCS.

I was inspired by this card by chelemom using the cherry image from Tart & Tangy. I made a bunch of changes in my version, but kept a few of the elements from the original card, including the embossed diamond pattern and the use of a little sparkle.

The orange image was stamped using the rock and roll technique with Pumpkin Pie and Only Orange inks. I punched out the orange and layered it on a slightly larger Pumpkin Pie circle. I added a rhinestone brad to the center. Since I couldn't find any orange ones, I used a Copic marker to tint the stone orange. And--I discovered that the blender pen can remove any stray orange marker from the brad's edges if you don't have a steady hand while you're coloring (or if your dog comes over while you're coloring to investigate what you're doing and whacks you in the elbow with his big, wet nose . . .). I attached the blinged-out orange to a white panel with a dimensional, then stamped the sentiment beneath it and tied a red ribbon around the panel. I meant to do some paper piercing along the bottom of the white panel, but I forgot . . .

The panel with the orange on it is attached to a Pumpkin Pie panel that I embossed with a diamond pattern using a Scor-Pal. The embossing is such a nice detail. I used dimensionals to attach this panel to the dotted paper from the Summer Picnic paper pack on the cardfront. A little more involved than the inspiration card, but still cute, clean, and simple.

Materials Used:
Tart & Tangy and Smart Cookie stamp sets, Only Orange and Pumpkin Pie Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); rhinestone brad (Making Memories); marker (Copic Ciao); Scor-Pal

1 comment:

  1. Very cute, Lori! I hope this set makes it into a future catalog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips