Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm Not Lion--I'm Having Fun

Since I'm not sure I'll have time to do any stamping after I get home from my classes tonight, I thought I'd post something I made over the weekend. I ordered several stamp sets from Unity Stamp Company and I've been having tons of fun playing with them. Here I combined images from two sets--Giggle Grove and Wild and Crazy Bunch--to create a scene. It's probably not too accurate a reflection of the natural world (I think lions live in grasslands, actually . . .), but I love how it turned out!

To create the scene, I stamped the trees (I think they might actually be leaf images, but here, they're trees!) on a white cardstock panel. I used a sponge to fill in some grass at the bottom and some sky at the top.

Then, I stamped more trees and the lion image (two times) on scraps of white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I trimmed around the colored images and began to fill in the scene. I attached the trees to the scene using dimensionals.

Before I placed the lion, I cut out the head/mane section of a second stamped and colored image and attached it to a colored full lion image. Then I used a slightly thicker dimensional to attach the lion to the scene. I added a fringed strip of green cardstock to the bottom of the panel to look like grass.

I stamped the sentiment along the side of the image using Chocolate Chip ink. I added a pair of gold brads to fill in the space under the sentiment. So cute!

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove and Wild and Crazy Bunch stamp sets (Unity Stamp Company); markers (Copic Ciao); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Vintage Sepia ink (Versafine); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); gold brads (Joann); Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery Classic inks, Old Olive, More Mustard, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); dimensionals (Target Dollar Spot)

1 comment:

  1. Love the scene you created Lori! That lion is adorable...hehe!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips