Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} # 48

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Sketches {by Tamara}. Since Father's Day is coming up, I decided to go for a masculine feel with the sketch.

I based my card design on this masculine paper from Basic Grey's Archaic line. the blues, greens, and browns in the pattern work so nicely for masculine cards.

I used images from several Verve Visual stamp sets to create this card. I stamped small star images from Seeing Stars and Polka Stars and punched them out with a small star punch. I set them inside of the larger open outline star image using dimensionals.

The sentiment uses several stamps from the Father Figure set. Since they're separate images, it was easy to ink them up and stamp them in different colors. I decided against adding ribbon to the sentiment panel and went with the more masculine copper brad trio. I probably should have done some inking along the edges of the sentiment panel to go with the sort of distressed/weathered look of the patterned paper. I may go back and do this before I give the card to my dad for Father's Day . . .

If you have a chance, stop by Tamara's blog and check out what the other card design team members have created using this sketch. They always have great ideas to share.

Materials Used:
Polka Stars, Seeing Stars, Father Figure stamp sets (Verve Visual); Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and Very Vanilla cardstock, 1 3/8" square punch, small star punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories); patterned paper (Basic Grey's Archaic line)

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic Lori! I really like how you did the stars across the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love what you did with the sketch! Those stars ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the sketch Lori! Loove the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Lori! This is just totally rockin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sketch card this week! The stars are awesome, I love the way you designed the sentiment, and the color scheme is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips