Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Same, But Different

I made these two quick cards tonight for Julee's weekly Mojo Monday sketch. They're very different in look and feel even though they're made from the same layout and sort of have the same theme.

This one uses Verve Visual's Wild Thing stamp set. I found this K & Company patterned paper with foil elements in my paper stash and used that as the starting point for my card. They're not traditional Valentine colors at all!

I started by stamping the sentiment on a piece of the new cream cardstock from Papertrey Ink--nice stuff! Then, I stamped the heart image on a scrap of paper and cut it out. It's attached to the panel with dimensionals. I added three heart brads that are shaped similarly to the stamped heart image--I love when that works out. The panel is layered on colors to coordinate to the patterned paper. Non-traditional, but I think it works!

Materials Used:
Wild Thing stamp set (Verve Visual); Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Pink Passion, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company's Smitten line); heart brads (Making Memories)

The second card uses SU!'s Always set. This set has totally grown on me. When I first saw it, I thought it was pretty, but didn't think it was for me. I'm glad I decided to give it a try. I went back to one of my favorite tried and true color schemes for this one--a brown and blue combo.

The bird image is stamped in Close to Cocoa craft ink. I added a trio of pearly Dew Drops to the panel. Instead of stamping the sentiment on the panel along with the bird, I kept it separate. The "a" is stamped in white craft ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I actually made this little element a while ago. It's been floating around on my table until I could find just the right place for it. I'm glad it didn't get lost somewhere in the mess . . .

Materials Used:
Always stamp set, Close to Cocoa and White craft inks, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Soft Sky cardstock, Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper, white embossing powder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); brown satin organdy edged ribbon (Morex); rectangle, circle, and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, these are both gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! Isn't incredible how unique the same layout can look just with colour and image? Gorgeous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, these are both totally beautiful! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. So different, but both totally gorgeous. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips