Friday, June 20, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 52

This week's challenge was to create a masculine card. I knew that the Baseball set from Kitchen Sink Stamps would be perfect for the challenge. It has a bunch of great masculine baseball images and fun sentiments to mix and match.

This is the first time I've used the set's bat image. The image fits nicely on one of the large rectangle Nestabilities dies when it's placed on the diagonal. I used a light beige pigment ink for the base, then used darker shades of brown for the detail layers.

The baseball was stamped, then punched out with a circle punch. I added it next to the bat with a dimensional.
I bought this striped paper that has a baseball-like stitch pattern on it with this stamp set in mind, so I decided to use it here. Even though the reddish shade is the dominant one in the paper, it still has a masculine look and feel. I added a narrow panel with some white faux stitching to the far left side of the card for contrast.
This card is actually a fancy fold called a z-fold. It's quick and easy to do. I stamped the "to a real all star" sentiment on the image panel. When the card's opened, it reveals the happy birthday sentiment.

You can find other great masculine card ideas by stopping the other challenge players' blogs. There are links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right. I'm looking forward to blog-hopping later and collecting some new ideas for those hard-to-create cards for guys.

Materials Used:
Baseball stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Dune pigment ink (ColorBox); Baseball Stripe patterned paper (Adorn-it); Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, and Ruby Red Classic inks, Kraft, Close to Cocoa, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, white gel pen, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); 7/8" circle punch (EK Success); cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

25 comments:

  1. The Z-Fold works great with these images. Great idea to pop up the baseball - wonderful masculine colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. That paper is a perfect addition to the theme of your card. Love your Z-fold, which really looks great with your overall design. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Lori. The Z fold is wonderful with your image. I love the red paper with the baseball stitch across it, good choice. Well done on the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun fun fold...love the Bball set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *kicking self* Geez, I didn't even THINK to use my KSS Baseball set for this challenge! Duh, me! Cute card, Lori! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sports cards are my favorite. The bat looks so real, and love how you did the ball. Good pick of patterned paper for this card.
    Connie Paxman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sports are always perfect for "manly" cards! Love the designer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been eyeing that baseball stamp set from KS. I think your card made my mind up for me. I'm getting it!!! Great job!!1

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! you did really great on this one! I love how the patterned paper totally goes with the baseball theme. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahat a perfect boys card...and that fold is really cool! Great job! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Love how you dirtied up the ball. I need to try one of these folds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card! That paper couldn't have been more perfect for your images.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect dude card; the bat looks so realistic! Love the fold too, :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card, the Z-fold is fabulous! Love the theme too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  15. My DH loves baseball, such a neat card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card. I love the striped paper and think that the red is a bold statement and appropriate for a "manly" card especially combined with your baseball images.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the extra touch of the baseball stitching on the DSP! Such a great fold and wonderful stamping job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Lori! This Z-Fold card turned out fabulous! Wonderful images for this week's challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Your coloring is wonderful. FABULOUS manly card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Lori. I love this! The PP is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent job on your post this week! Love the way the bat has such detail and the colors - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so fun. I so wish I knew people who like baseball -- isn't that weird that none of the men or even my son like baseball. I love this set. Great job on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card - but I especially love how you've made the ball look dirty - too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect manly card! Great Z-fold, too. I'm always inspired by cards I can use for my boys. Great job!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips