Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sweet XOXO

One of the Great Swaps Girls, Maren, is today's featured stamper on SCS. I was so excited to have the opportunity to CASE a card (or two) from her gallery. She is so very talented and has a great stamping style.

Here's the first card I made. It's based on this one in Maren's SCS gallery. I really liked the clean, simple look of the original card. My version stays pretty true to the inspiration piece. I changed the holiday/colors and a few other details. The images on the card are from the Love & Luck stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps. I stamped the heart in Papertrey Ink's Sweet Blush ink, then stamped the sentiment in PTI's Berry Sorbet ink, overlapping the heart image. The image is layered on a slightly larger circle and on a scalloped circle with paper pierced scallops.

The bottom panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug hearts folder. I rubbed a little shimmery Moonlight White ink over the raised parts to highlight them and to tone down the really bright Berry Sorbet color.

I'm heading out to a quick lunch with my mom. I may be back later with another card. I promise I'll definitely be back tomorrow with samples using brand new Kitchen Sink Stamps!

Materials Used:
Love & Luck stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush Palette inks, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, and White cardstock, Berry Sorbet satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance); embossing folder (Cuttlebug); 1 3/8" circle punch, scalloped circle punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful CASE!!! Thanks for sharing and have fun at your lunch date!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Lori! This card is really pretty! It looks so soft! Nice job! : )

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips