Monday, June 2, 2008

Kitchen Sink Stamps New Releases Are Here!

Today's the day that Kitchen Sink Stamps reveals 8 brand new sets. Maria's been posting tiny teases of each set on her blog over the past week or so and today you'll finally get to see them all in their entirety. Here, you'll actually see 4 of the 8 sets featured in the two projects I have to share with you.

This first card uses three different new stamp sets--Playful Stars, Swirly Hearts & Stars and Ready 4 Any Holiday. I created a shadow box card featuring several of the star images. These images are so fun to layer. The star image you see here is made using 4 different stamps--the large outline star, the large bold star, one of the smaller outline stars, and one of the tiny detailed stars. I stamped them in chalk inks for a vivid look.

I embossed the swirl image in gold on the back of the card. The layered stars are attached over it with dimensionals. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Ready 4 Any Holiday sets under the swirl image in Rocket Red. This red ink has a gold tone to it--it looks great next to the gold embossing powder.

The card front uses three more star images. I stamped them randomly in red dye ink on the red cardstock.

This card uses the new Graduation set--a perfect one for this time of year and one that I'm extremely excited about (for somewhat selfish reasons . . .). I decided to make a z-fold card using the mortar board image as the focal image. I wish these cards weren't so hard to keep closed for a photo--it is so pretty IRL!

The mortarboard image is stamped on an oval cut from Shimmery White cardstock. I paired the image with this elegant patterned paper and some black cardstock and used just a bit of red as an accent.

When the card is opened, it reveals the "Congratulations Graduate" sentiment inside on a black scalloped panel. I stamped the sentiment in white craft ink then, heat embossed the sentiment in white for extra "pop." It's really elegant-looking in person.

Like I said, I especially like this set for personal reasons--that reason being that I'm finishing graduate school this summer! I start my final two classes this evening after work (5 hours a night, 2 nights a week), so if I'm not around as much as usual over the next month or two, my classes (and the portfolio project I need to complete) are likely the reason.

To see other fantastic samples using the new releases, you can stop by the other Kitchen Sink Stamps Design Team member's blogs. Here's where you can find them:


Beth at Freckled Fun

Erika at Stampin' Mama


Tammy at Stamp Happy


6 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Lori!! I love the star card..how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Lori!! I LOVE that grad card - so elegant and just perfect for anyone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Lori! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These came out amazing! I love that tri-fold card! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, I especially like the graduate card. That patterened paper is beautiful!

    Good luck in your classes this summer, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips