Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No, You're Not Seeing Things. . .

Yes, it's a winter-themed card in the middle (or, actually, the beginning) of summer. But, I have a very good reason to share this card with you today. Kitchen Sink Stamps will be having a special "countdown Christmas"starting tomorrow, Wednesday, June 25. Three holiday stamp sets--Playful Christmas, Snow Flurry, and 3-Step Holly & Mistletoe--will be on sale for 15% off for three days. This is a great opportunity to get some new stamps to use for this year's holiday cards. And, no, I don't have mine started--or even planned--yet.

I love the Snow Flurry stamp set! The big, bold images are some of my favorites to work with. Here, I embossed the large snowflake image in Iridescent Ice embossing powder for some sparkle. It's framed with the large round "let it snow sentiment." I made the frame using a pair of Nestabilities dies. I attached the matted panels with the frame to the image panel using dimensionals to give it the appearance of a window. I might go back later and add some acetate under the "window" opening to give it the effect of looking through a window on to some sparkly snowflurries . . .

Materials Used:
Snow Flurry stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Blue Bayou and Soft Sky Classic inks, Versamark, Always Artichoke, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky and Whisper White cardstock, Wintergreen designer paper, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white satin ribbon (Target)

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Lori!! I really like that dp with this set:)
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's the perfect time to have a winter card! What better time to get a headstart on your Christmas card making? Haven't you heard of Christmas in July? okay, so it's June who cares? LOL!

    Holly <---born in July and named for Christmas!
    hogwildaboutstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips