Saturday, July 5, 2008

Birthday Bird

I used Mary Jo's sketch to create this bright, fun birthday card. My plan was to use the sketch to make a gender neutral child's birthday card .

I stamped the bird image from SU!'s Pun Fun twice on white cardstock. I cut one image out with a circle Nestabilities die. I colored the other bird image with Copic markers and trimmed around it, then layered it on top of the bird image on the circle panel using a dimensional.

My color choices for the image and the rest of the card were inspired by the fun, dotted pattern on the paper from the Summer Picnic paper pack. I thought the colors and pattern would make a great card for a little one, boy or girl. I used Barely Banana and Real Red to mat the image and some more Barely Banana as a layer under the patterned paper. I tied a strip of wide red grosgrain ribbon around the panel before assembling the card. To match the dotted pattern of the paper, I added a trio of orange Dew Drops to the cardfront. Quick and cute! I could see whipping up a whole bunch of these in no time to keep on hand.

Materials Used:
Pun Fun stamp set, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, and Real Red cardstock, Summer Picnic designer paper, wide Real Red grosgrain ribbon, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); markers (Copic Ciao); circle die (Nestabilities); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Flame Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is too cute, Lori!!! Great colors and layout! Love that dotted DS paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adorable. That little bird is one of my favorite. You are right, you could use this for a boy or a girl. Great job, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it!! It's so bright and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sure to bring a smile to someone's face when they receive it! Great card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cheerful, happy card! great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Wasn't this a great sketch?!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips